Grilled Herb Corn on the Cob
For this side dish, the seasoned corn steams in its own husks on the grill. How easy is that?
- 12 small fresh ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Peel back corn husks, but do not remove. Discard silks. Soak in cold water 15 minutes; pat dry.
In small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, and tarragon; set aside. In another small bowl, combine oil, salt, and pepper.
Brush corn with oil mixture. Sprinkle with herb mixture. Fold husks back around cobs. Tie with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string.
Place corn in grill basket or directly on grill rack over medium coals. Grill 25 to 30 minutes or until tender, turning and rearranging a few times during grilling. Makes 12 servings.