Strawberry & Spring Onion Salad
- 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small strawberries, hulled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- Mixed spring greens
In small bowl combine vinegar, chives, mustard, salt, dill, pepper, and sugar. Whisk in olive oil to form an emulsion.
In medium bowl combine strawberries and onions. Lightly toss strawberry mixture with enough dressing to coat. Lightly toss greens with enough dressing to coat. Top greens with strawberries; serve immediately. Serve remaining dressing on the side. Makes 4 to 6 servings.