Salsa Di Parmigiano (“Parm Dip”)
This slightly garlicky (and addictive) dip is a favorite at Bottega, Michael’s restaurant.
• 1/2 pound Parmesan cheese, not too dry
• 1/2 pound Asiago cheese, not too dry
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1-1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Remove any rind from cheeses. Chop cheeses into rough 1-inch chunks. Pulse cheeses in food processor until reduced to size of fine pea gravel. Transfer cheese to bowl. Stir in green onion and garlic. Add oregano, rubbing between your fingers to release its fragrance. Add black pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Stir well. Cover; let stand at room temperature at least 4 hours before serving. Serve on crostini. Makes 3-1/2 cups.