Hearts of Palm Vinaigrette
We do not have an image of this finished recipe to show you, but it is a fairly simple and refreshing after-dinner salad.
shopping tip :
Most of us will purchase canned hearts of palm, since fresh can be difficult to find. For fresh flavor, remove the hearts of palm from the can and store the stalks in their liquid in the refrigerator prior to using.
Serve small portions of this after-dinner salad. The slightly acidic dressing helps clear the palate.
• 4 green onions, sliced
• 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
• 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
• 1 head Boston lettuce, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons Thai peanut sauce
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 clove garlic, minced
In large mixing bowl, combine green onions and cilantro. Add hearts of palm and Boston lettuce; toss to combine.
For dressing, in screw-top jar combine olive oil, peanut sauce, orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic. Cover; shake well. Just before serving, add dressing to salad and toss to coat. Makes 8 servings.