Ceylon Cinnamon Snap with Mulled Spiked Cider
• 8 cups (2 quarts) fresh apple cider
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 (2-inch) cinnamon sticks
• 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
• Peel of 1 orange, peeled in continuous spiral if possible
• 16 to 24 ounces premium rum, Antiguan rum, or Calvados
• Ceylon Cinnamon Snap Truffles
In 4-quart Dutch oven or large pot combine apple cider, brown sugar, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, and orange peel. Bring to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Strain through fine mesh strainer; discard solids. To serve, combine 2 to 3 ounces cider mixture and 1 ounce rum or Calvados for each serving.
Serve bite per sip with Ceylon Cinnamon Snap Truffle. Or, drop truffle into cider and stir to combine. Makes 16 to 24 (3 to 4 ounce) servings. For tasting party, keep cider warm and divide among tasting glasses.