Smoked Salmon Bites
- 1/2 cup purchased crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small bunch fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lox-style smoked salmon, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
In medium bowl, whisk crème fraîche with lemon juice until soft peaks form. Mince all but 12 chive tips. Fold minced chives into crème fraîche. Season with black pepper to taste. Place 1 teaspoon cream mixture on end of strip of smoked salmon, add chive tip, and quickly roll salmon around cream. Set roll on end, cream showing, on serving plate. Repeat with remaining salmon strips and cream. Garnish plate with fresh herbs. Serve at once or cover and chill for several hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings.