- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 recipe Moroccan Spice Mix (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh cilantro
In two large resealable plastic bags combine chicken and Moroccan Spice Mix. Seal bags; turn to coat chicken.
In Dutch oven, heat oil until hot. Cook chicken over medium heat about 5 minutes or just until brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and zucchini. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and zucchini is tender.
Meanwhile, in medium saucepan bring broth just to boiling. Stir in couscous and currants. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pine nuts.
Serve chicken over couscous mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Makes 8 servings
Moroccan Spice Mix
In small bowl combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.