For a quick vibrant salad, make the Oregano Dressing ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator so it will be ready to toss with greens, olives, and feta cheese.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens or romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges, or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 recipe Oregano Dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 small pita bread rounds, cut into wedges (optional)
In salad bowl combine salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, and crumbled cheese. Add Oregano Dressing; toss to coat. If desired, serve with pita bread wedges. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In screw-top jar combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover; shake well.