- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 (16-ounce) container dairy sour cream French onion dip
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Snipped fresh lemon thyme and/or snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Vegetable dippers (such as strips of fennel, baby carrots, halved or sliced radishes, sliced cucumbers, and/or sliced zucchini)
Wash fennel. Trim off feathery leaves. If desired, chop enough of the leaves to equal 2 tablespoons; set aside. Trim fennel bulb. Chop enough of the bulb to make 1 cup. Cut remaining bulb into strips to use for dippers.
In medium bowl combine chopped fennel, onion dip, red onion, and green onion. Serve immediately or cover and chill in refrigerator to 24 hours. (If chilling dip, wrap and chill fennel leaves, if using.) To serve, spoon dip into serving bowl. If desired, sprinkle top with fennel leaves, snipped lemon thyme, and/or snipped chives. Serve with vegetable dippers. Makes about 2-1/4 cups dip (about 36 servings).