Arugula Salad with Shaved Fennel & Parmesan
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bernard Bouissou, Bernard’s
- 3 bunches of arugula or 1/4 pound baby arugula, washed
- 1 head of fennel, cut into thin slices
- 4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, cut into shards with vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons Sherry-Shallot Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In large salad bowl toss all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
In bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, and hot water. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add chopped shallots; season with salt and pepper.