- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup chopped cooking apple, such as Gala, Jonathan, or Cortland
- 12 Belgian endive leaves (about 1 large head)
- 1 ounce semisoft goat cheese (chèvre), crumbled
- Snipped fresh chives
In medium skillet cook pancetta, celery, and shallot over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped apple. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more or until apple is just tender and pancetta is browned and just crisp. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
Spoon about 2 teaspoons apple mixture into cup of each Belgian endive leaf. Top apple mixture evenly with goat cheese and garnish with chives. Makes about 12 hors d’oeuvres.