From Chef Kyle Bailey, Birch & Barley, Washington, D.C.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 pound fettuccine or malfada pasta
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound Maryland crabmeat, cleaned
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce watercress
Make the crema: Whip cream to stiff peaks. Fold in honey and mustard. Reserve.
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, set aside. In large skillet cook stock and butter over high heat. Reduce until butter has been fully integrated, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add crabmeat, bell peppers and Parmesan cheese. Add pasta; toss to combine. Combine Old Bay Seasoning with breadcrumbs. To serve, place pasta in bowl. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Top with watercress and crema. Makes 4 appetizer servings.