"When setting a table, I love mixing modern table settings with pieces that have a more traditional, layered look," says designer Janice Barta of LA-based Barta Interiors. "I always try elements and select items from different resources to create a more curated festive setting."
Above, she has pulled together a tabletop for a fun Labor Day gathering. Here's a look at the details:
1. NEIMAN MARCUS Juliska, Five-Piece Bamboo Place Setting, Natural
2. NON SANS RAISON 'Bath of Color' Multi Bowl in red (can be purchased through Table Art in Los Angeles)
3. SPENCER PETERMAN Napkin rings made of handcrafted spaulted maple harvested from naturally fallen timber (can be purchased through Table Art in Los Angeles)
4. SHOP FOG LINEN Linen tray in red check; lightweight serving trays made from linen that has been covered in a poly resin
5. SHOP FOG LINEN 100-percent-linen check tablecloth
6. FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS Hydrangea Beautensia 'Dali'
7. NEIMAN MARCUS Juliska, Oval Basketweave Placemat
8. TABLE ART, LOS ANGELES Mouth-blown glass in red (comes in a small and large size)
9. NEIMAN MARCUS Juliska, Splatter & Spin Salad Plate
10. NEIMAN MARCUS Juliska, Wanderlust Stripe Indigo Dinner Plate
11. WILLIAM YEOWARD CRYSTAL 'Fanny' Old-Fashioned Tumbler in Blue Handmade Glass
12. SHOP FOG LINEN 100-percent-linen white/red stripe coaster
13. EL ALMACEN DE LOZA Coffee or Tea Pitcher
14. NEIMAN MARCUS Juliska, Tangier Multi Napkin in cotton sateen