Coffee-Cardamom Quick Bread with Praline Crumble
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon ground Vietnamese cinnamon or ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella)
• 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
• 1-1/4 cups sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground Vietnamese cinnamon or ground cinnamon
• 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
• 2 tablespoons coffee extract
• 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
• 1 cup whipping cream
• Chocolate-Hazelnut Butter*
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of two
8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. For streusel, in medium bowl combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Using a pastry blender, cut in butter pieces and chocolate-hazelnut spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in orange peel; set aside.
In small bowl stir together the 1-1/4 cups sugar, cardamom, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside. In another medium bowl stir together the 2-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
In large bowl combine eggs and sugar mixture. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 4 minutes or until mixture is light, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add oil, coffee extract, coffee powder, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add sour cream and ricotta cheese. Beat on medium speed just until combined.
Alternately add flour mixture and whipping cream to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Divide batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle streusel mixture over batter.
Bake about 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Chocolate-Hazelnut Butter, if desired. Makes 24 servings (2 loaves).
In small bowl combine 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread. Serve butter chilled or softened to room temperature.