The No. 1 request I get from clients who want to re-do their master suite is a desire for a luxurious spa retreat in the master bathroom. And why not? If you’re going to go through the craziness of a renovation, you definitely want to have a gorgeous oasis at the end of it! So here are five of my favorite bathroom transformations. Get ready for a Calgon moment!
1. This bathroom in a penthouse I designed has everything for a chic spa experience, including a freestanding tub, a large steam shower, and stunning herringbone floors—not to mention killer views of the city.
2. The spa tub is the star in this retreat I designed, but I also love the natural light that floods in from the windows. The handsome stained vanity mixes in a little masculine charm.
3. This glamorous bath is functional too! Storage might not seem like the most luxurious appointment, but it keeps any stress-inducing clutter out of the way. I also included a dual-head shower and a soaking tub to relax any tensions any.
4. My clients wanted every detail they love about spa experiences in this master bath, but it needed to look at home in their modern farmhouse. We made sure we delivered with luxe fabrics tailored in a traditional way, a stunning soaking tub situated to take in views of the sunrise, a seated vanity area for makeup, and a window seat that looks out to a barn and to cattle grazing in the fields. I feel relaxed just looking at this room!
5. What a welcome entry! This bathroom makes a great first impression with the double doors and that sexy tufted ottoman, and the relaxing details just get better and better with a deep tub and expansive shower.