Kate Valentine Spade takes a breather from her big Frances Valentine shoe and handbag launch to divulge her holidays tips to Traditional Home.
Photo: Jamie Beck
1. Avoid political conversation.
2. Drink in moderation at family and professional functions.
3. A classic Buche de Noël is a holiday must for us. My assistant has been giving one from one of his favorite French restaurant in Brooklyn, Provence en Boite, to my daughter for the last 5 years and we all love it!
4. Our holiday playlist of classic Christmas songs by artists such as Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, and Harry Connick Jr. brings joy to our home.
5. I encourage you to have your own distinct style and commit to it. For years I heard “only white lights” on the tree, but we put the biggest, brightest, and most colorful outdoor lights on our indoor tree, and it suits us perfectly.
Still on the hunt for the perfect gift for that special someone? These accessories from Kate's Frances Valentine line are on our wish-list: