- 6 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head butterhead lettuce
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces plain goat cheese, sliced into 8 rounds
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Heat grill or grill pan to medium. Spray or brush lightly with oil. Grill corn 15 minutes, turning several times, until lightly charred. Cool slightly, then slice kernels off cobs.
Whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss with corn, lettuce, blueberries, onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place salad on platter. Scatter goat cheese rounds over salad; garnish with cracked pepper. Makes 8 servings.